Monday, November 17, 2008

Ormiston Swimming Ponds


Once upon a time, actually in what seems another life by now, James and I first saw each other without clothes (but with swimmers on thank you very much) at the Hampstead mixed swimming ponds. How strange that how ever many years later we have never tried out our own ponds until this weekend...and by we I mean James as I was too chicken. I am not a fan of water in which I can't see the approaching shark/crocodile/yabbie (delete as appropriate). This is made all the worse when I have seen the geese coming out of the water with leeches on their legs. Three brave young men in the form of my cousins were the intrepid first swimmers because we were all dying of heat and nobody could be bothered driving into town. Felix found it hilarious, Emily was slightly worried..the goats were bemused and the ducks weren't really sure what was going on. It must have been okay as it was used extensively over the weekend and James even decided to brave it all by Sunday. Coco will mistily remember it as her best weekend ever as she swum happily around with everyone, usually with the ball in her mouth. Woody, who has never gone in over his toes had a few enforced swimming lessons and seems to think that the water isn't the invention of the devil afterall. James can be seen coaxing him in above.




I think I am going to put up a sign and James is considering building a jetty...