Wednesday, August 12, 2009

City to Surf...and back to city again..

Well, I believe I said I fancied doing this 14km fun run about this time last year. After putting pen to paper there was no getting away from it so I lined up with 75,000 other Sydneysiders (most much fitter than me at the moment) for the hilly run from the city to Bondi Beach. As you can see it was quite painful by the end - actually it wasn't as bad as the photo makes it look. It seems that the way I think I run and the way I actually run are vastly different. In my head I am a marathon runner - in reality my style is more old lady. Anyway, I really enjoyed the run - more in retrospect admittedly. If I did it again I feel that renting a flat in Bondi would have made it much easier at the finish line as the logistics of moving over 75,000 people out of Bondi meant that a long walk was necessary to get to a nearer train station and rest our weary legs. Felix and Emi both took my medal to school when we got back home, and although Felix couldn't quite comprehend why I didn't win he said he was 'very proud' of me anyway.