Friday, August 29, 2008

Felix turns Five..
























I can hardly believe it, however I can also hardly forget it as I am sitting in the middle of face-painting instructions, a 'how to make balloon animals' kit and am paper-machaeing (spelling?) a pinyata pig in readiness for the birthday party this Sunday. This year Felix has very specific instructions as to how he wanted his birthday to pan out. Despite my best efforts to have a party at the local McDonalds/indoor play area/park I was shot down very quickly as he told me he had discussed it at length with his friends and it was to be at home. He then outlined the general run through of the day and showed me a picture of a Harry Potter castle cake that he had decided on. Make sure you keep checking to see how that little beauty turns out (based on my previous efforts I think you can probably guess it may look more like a Harry Potter cave but lets wait and see).

Anyway, after a week of 'how many more sleeps' questions and 5 late night toilet trips during the night the big day dawned. At 6.30 the house was woken up and great excitement followed. Emily as you can see received a hoop and a fairy costume as let's face it, sibling birthdays can be hard. She coped pretty well and enjoyed the fact that when Felix went to pre-school that day she could play with all his toys without him knowing. He had cakes at school and then we organised to take him to a local Thai restaurant (his choice) with his friend Sam for dinner. He was amazed that they brought a cake out at the end and played Happy Birthday over the speakers - 'how on earth did they know it was my birthday?'. The night before James and I went to the orientation day at the local primary, Mudgee Public. Between that and his birthday the next day I spent the day in dark glasses in case as every time I thought of him being five I got quite stupidly emotional.